*Full job descriptions and application forms for all positions are to the right of this section*
NCS Team Leader
If you enjoy creating a positive impact in the lives of young people, then the Team Leader role is for you.
As a Team Leader you will be responsible for leading a team of up to 15 young people on the National Citizen Service (NCS) programme, supported by a Team Assistant. Leading by example is an essential part of being a Team Leader, showcasing the attitude and spirit that is needed to tackle the challenges that face participants in the programme and in life.
You must be enthusiastic in relating to young people and encouraging full participation in the programme. Your Team Assistant will assist you in overseeing and ensuring each individual young person have a fantastic experience on the programme.
NCS Team Assistant
Passionate about working as part of a team, and learning new skills? Then the Team Assistant role is for you.
Team Assistants are vital members of the seasonal staff team, supporting Team Leaders by providing pastoral care to each of the individual young people within a team. Each team are usually made up of up to 15 young people.
You will support the Team Leader in running fun activities, ice-breakers, and guided reflection sessions, whilst ensuring that each young person is safe and getting as much as they can out of National Citizens Service (NCS).
Hourly sessional rate (variable)
Do you want to make a positive difference to young peoples’ lives? Do you want to work for an organisation whose staff are passionate about improving lives and enhancing communities, through the power of sport and education?
Watford FC’s Community Sports and Education Trust are seeking highly motivated, enthusiastic and committed coaches to join our team and help support and deliver an array of high quality provision across Hertfordshire and the London boroughs of Harrow and Hillingdon including curriculum and after school sessions, holiday course and matchday events, girls and women’s specific projects and disability multi-sports activities.
The applicants will need have a flexible approach to work, with evening and weekend projects a possibility. This position is for a casual worker, with hours varying according to assignments.
Qualifications and Requirements
• A minimum FA Level 1 in Coaching Football working towards FA Level 2 in Coaching Football (we may at times look for assistant coaches with a minimum FA Level 1 in Coaching Football)
• Any other relevant National Governing Body (NGB) sport related certificates/qualifications
• Hold a valid FA Safeguarding Children Workshop and FA Emergency First Aid certificate
• Hold a clean driving licence and have access to a vehicle
• Ability to work during the school day, evening weekends and/or school holidays
• Willingness to learn and develop coaching skills
• Good communication and leadership skills
• Knowledge of planning and delivering high quality sessions within a safe learning environment
• Knowledge and experience to work independently and collaboratively
• Knowledge and experience of working/coaching within a school environment
• Knowledge and experience of working with grassroots level
• Knowledge and experience of working with community initiatives
• Knowledge and experience of monitoring and evaluation
To download an application form please see the right of this section.
Watford FC’s Community Sports and Education Trust is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. All successful candidates will be subject to the Trust’s Safer Recruitment process and Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this role.